Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

re New Changes

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Nov 2010 21:41

Has ANYONE who reported problems or made complaints to GR received any kind of answer since Friday?

I made 5 complaints on Thursday ........... got 2 responses back on Friday, one the standard platitude.

The other defitnitely needing a further response from me, which it got

I sent in another one on Sunday, with constructive comments in it

NADA today

and of course GR seems to shut down at 4 pm

so nothing until at least tomorrow

so

did ANYONE get any kind of communication today?

sylvia

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 22 Nov 2010 22:14

I sent a comment to the Support Team this morning but it hasn't even been opened yet.

I received a response on 19th re the fact that my name had gone missing. I was asked to give them an example and they would investigate!

It did not return until today.

I wonder if they are inundated with queries, questions and complaints etc. thus causing the delay??

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 22 Nov 2010 22:18

Hi Sylvia

I sent the comments I made on yesterday's thread (it's disappeared now - did they zap it?) to GR but haven't had any reply from them.

Mary

Katie

Katie Report 22 Nov 2010 23:03

I sent in one comment/complaint yesterday but haven't heard anything yet.
Katie

Flick

Flick Report 22 Nov 2010 23:04

I had a bog-standard response to my complaints....the usual waffle about 'management' looking at all e-mails in due course.

Rot............the complaints I made related to technical difficulties which the IT team should have put their minds to resolving........and haven't!

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 22 Nov 2010 23:16

I sent two letters of complaint on Friday and have not heard anything.

I imagine that they are swamped with complaints and that is why I have not heard anything. I will give it to Wednesday and if no word by then I will contact them again.

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 22 Nov 2010 23:58

"Correct me if I am wrong but we can apparently get "BMD & census certificate details" from Scotlands People on the Help Clinic.

Are you getting the same for English and Welsh genealogy ?"

To be fair, you can get English and Welsh census through GR & the help clinic. You cannot get English and Welsh BMD as we don't have English and Welsh BMD records digitised yet, we've all got to send away for them unfortunately. That's out of their control.

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 23 Nov 2010 00:14

I haven't complained as I don't have an issue with the help clinic. I don't like the timings though eg 10 minutes ago etc, I'm sure other people have complained about that though and I don't want to clog up their emails for now for people with more pressing complaints such as no name.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Nov 2010 01:05

CM

Ys, Katie's thread disappeared overnight ...... she didn't remove it, so presumably either GR zapped it on their own, or someone complained about it and GR zapped it because of that.

none of the technical things that I've compained about have received a response

they haven't even responded to suggestions for improvement ..... constructive suggestions

Bah humbug!

sylvia

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 23 Nov 2010 06:19

My complaint was about, in my opinion, the creation of a hierarchy with the introduction of the advisors. Basically, I feel it devalues the majority of the helpers.

I also pointed out that now that the evidence of a deletion of posts has disappeared has been removed, this can make the read through of threads nonsense, as the post that someone has responded to is deleted without trace. At least before we knew something was deleted.

I also told them that I liked the little envelopes.

On another note, most probably me being cynical, how soon before the advisors are told to direct members to Brightsolid sites for the information, when the information is available for free elsewhere.?

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 23 Nov 2010 09:54

I did send GR a post re the timings-hoping they would reconsider putting back the actual times of posts-after all "yesterday" is relative to where you are globaly

I have had a reply thanking me etc

I do not know what the setup is now but prior to the Brightside takeover I believe the "staff" worked from home and no weekends

Katie

Katie Report 23 Nov 2010 22:57

They still haven't opened my message let alone acknowledged it!
They must have zapped my thread, perhaps after a complaint ( ?from the same person who didn't like the unstarred suffix to my name ), or am I just being paranoid. They do seem particularly sensitive about comments/constructive criticism about the Help Clinic.
Starless

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 23 Nov 2010 23:02

I too still have received no answer to my complaints.

I don't think the complaints are going to make a blind bit of difference.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Nov 2010 00:25

I wrote to them yesterday and they replied saying they were aware of the particular problem, - searching trees and recently added surnames and would be sorting it as soon as possible.

Gwyn

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Nov 2010 01:53

I got a reply this (ie, Tuesday) morning to one of my emails re the problems on this site .... technical glitches, the Help Clinic, and the devaluing of other advisors. I'd also made a number of constructive suggestions in the email. This si what Estelle said:-

Dear Sylvia

Thank you for your feedback. My colleagues and I are meeting this week to discuss the Help Clinic and how we can make it better. I will definitely pass your coments on to them.

Your feedback is much appreciated. All we want to do is make the Help Clinic work and for all our members to feel valued. We're grateful for all the work everyone does helping others and we want to recognise this.

Best regards,

Someone I know contacted GR asking about the qualifications to become a starry helper ...... was told she didn't qualify, but not why.

After an exhange of emails as she tried to find out why she wasn't acceptable, they said she would be put on a waiting list ...... as the last 3 advisors had now been chosen

They told her that the "choice" was done on the basis of "first come first served" on those stickie threads on Tips and Records.

sylvia

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 24 Nov 2010 11:34

Hi Sylvia

I did get a reply yesterday........just the standard reply though.

Mary

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 24 Nov 2010 11:51

I received this today:

Dear Cynthia, if you just click on our name to send us a private message I'm afraid you won't get a reply. You must email [email protected] directly. All emails are answered within 24 hours.
Thanks for your feedback about our message boards. We are taking note of everything our members are telling us.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Nov 2010 19:13

so in other words ...........................

don't try to contact them through the Contact Us in the Help tab above ................... 'cos they won't respond!

Great!!!

sylvia

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Nov 2010 19:56

Just testing something.

Would someone please post something on this thread - doesn't matter what it says.

Katie

Katie Report 24 Nov 2010 19:57

I had the same response as Sylvia, I also contacted them via help. Why is the link there? They must look at their "inbox" but don't answer properly.
Starless Katie