Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alexander Blyth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alexander

Alexander Report 16 May 2003 20:34

Anyone with the name Gillander or Gillanders Blyth or Beaton is almost certainly related to myself. I would like to here from anyone with either of these names.

NZer

NZer Report 27 Dec 2014 02:50

Hi Alexander, My GGG Grandmother was Mary Gillanders she married Adam Scott in 1850 in Scotland then they left Scotland in 1879 and moved to New Zealand to start a new life. They had 11 children together. Mary's parents were : Alexander Gillanders and Janet MacLennan. Mary and Adam were married on the 24th March 1850 in Kilmallie, Argyll, Scotland. Are we connected? let me know please. Thanks Clare Scott.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 27 Dec 2014 09:25

Hi NZer and welcome to the boards.

Alexander posted this thread back in 2003.

If you click on his name you can send him a personal message. If he is still a member with the same email address........GR will notify him that he has received a message from you.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 Dec 2014 10:13

Alexander has no posts recorded against his name, so it's likely that he is no longer on GR's 'radar', so don't be too disappointed if you don't get any response