Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Angela Semple

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angelie22

Angelie22 Report 1 Dec 2005 10:45

Looking
Henry Gisborne or Gisbourne About 1863 to 1866
Birth Unknown
Wife was
Harriet Hender born 1862
Both lived in Bristol late 1920's
looking for any family Menber of the Gisborne Family
Regards
Angela

denise

denise Report 19 Apr 2014 23:21

Portsmouth, England?

patchem

patchem Report 19 Apr 2014 23:30

Denise,

Angelie posted this more than 8 years ago and may no longer be a member of genes.

Are you suggesting Henry Gisborne was born in Portsmouth?

Perhaps you could click on Angelie's name and attempt to send her a message.

If she still has the same email address then genes will notify her of your message.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 19 Apr 2014 23:34

Thanks for that, Patchem. I just looked up the marriage not realizing it was an old thread.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 19 Apr 2014 23:39

Denise, you've also posted "Portsmouth, England?" on another defunct thread.

When you're dredging through very old threads like this you need to consider the age of the thread and the relevance of what you're posting.

If you're trying to find connections to people who are researching the same people as yourself then the best way to do that is to use the Search function on the menu above and search members trees.

patchem

patchem Report 19 Apr 2014 23:45

No problem, Margee

I think this is one of Denise's ancestors:

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Lawson Samuel Thomas Gisborne
Lawson Samuel Thomas Gisborne
Probate Date: 8 May 1948
Death Date: 29 Mar 1948
Death Place: Portsmouth
Registry: Winchester, England

or this one
Samuel William L Gisborne
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1881
Registration district: Portsea Island
Inferred County: Hampshire
Volume: 2b
Page: 480

denise

denise Report 1 May 2014 20:04

:-) :-)

Thanks for the input.

I already have both of these on my list of possibles, but am still waiting for a birth certificate to arrive to be sure;

Oliver John Gisborne is also a possibility.
born 1886 Q1, Married 1908 Q4 Died 1928Q1 aged 42 , which would fit family history of him dying young and leaving a 15-yr-old eldest son to provide for the family.

We shall see. (especially if I get the hang of this website! This oldie is not too good with a computer and lives in an area with s u c h s l o w i n t e r n e t connection.

Regards to all

Denise