Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grandmother

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 22 Sep 2009 12:16

trying to find out about the baby my grandmother was having in 1904-5 my grandfather devoiced her because the baby was,nt his,ive looked on 1911 ,but ran out of credits,can anyone help thank you
Dutch

Locket18

Locket18 Report 22 Sep 2009 12:18

What was your grandma's name, the babies name at birth and the area they came from?

dutch

dutch Report 22 Sep 2009 12:55

Hi Anne Marie
my g,mother was called Helen Morgan single name Tyler,thats what im trying to find out when she had the baby,the address she was at was just before my g,father filed for divorce,6 Great James Street,Bedford Row in the County of London,and it said on the divorce papers she was about to become a mother of achild and my g,father was,nt his baby,that was on the 7th may 1903
Dutch

Dea

Dea Report 22 Sep 2009 13:02

Hi,

Your first post says the baby was born 1904-5 yet your second says that the divorce papers dated 7th May 1903 ??? say she was about to become a mother of this child?

Which is the correct date please?

Dea x

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 22 Sep 2009 13:41

Well this looks like them in 1901.

Can you confirm this is the correct family?

Name: Malcolm Morgan
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1872
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Helen
Where born: Islington, London, England

Civil parish: Islington
Ecclesiastical parish: St Barnabas
County/Island: London

Street Address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status: View image

Registration district: Islington
Sub-registration district: Highbury
ED, institution, or vessel: 26
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 310
Household Members: Name Age
Malcolm Morgan 29
Helen Morgan 33
Kenneth Morgan 7
Bertie Morgan 4
Maud D Este 20

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 22 Sep 2009 14:00

Did your grandmother remarry? Did she have custody of the children?

I don't see Malcolm (Bonner) Morgan on the 1911 census. Have you found you Grandmother on that census? What surname was she using?

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Sep 2009 14:11

Just to add, in case it helps anyone looking

I have been helping Dutch with military records of Malcolm Bonner Morgan and have posted them off to her...but further to that I have also looked at 1911 for Malcolm Bonner Morgan
who is not showing up . he joined up for WW1 , but I am wondering if perhaps he had already been a regular soldier which might account for his not being on census?

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Sep 2009 14:28

also in the military records it has correspondence relating to pension etc which shows Helen Morgan to be living ( with family I believe) in Cornwall 1920-1924... so she may not have remarried .

dutch

dutch Report 22 Sep 2009 14:37

Sorry if i confused anyone my g,father get the children not my g,mother and she did,nt remarry, Dea i just asummed it would be born, it was stated that on the 7th may 1903 she was about to become the mother of achild which was,nt her hubsand,and he filed for divorce on the 30 th june 1904 and another reason why i dont think she remarried her son was with her when she died and shes buried with her with my g,father,i hope i have set it out right this time

Leonie

Leonie Report 22 Sep 2009 14:44

1911 Census
HOUSEHOLD MORGAN MALESDEN BONNER M 1872 39 Edmonton Middlesex
HOUSEHOLD MORGAN KENNETH MALESDEN M 1894 17 Edmonton Middlesex

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 22 Sep 2009 14:46

Well done Leonie!

Looks like Malcolm went back to stay with his parents then?

These people are also living with Malcolm and Kenneth but no Bertie!

HOUSEHOLD MORGAN ANDREW BENNETT M 1840 71 Edmonton Middlesex
HOUSEHOLD MORGAN HELEN MAY F 1895 16 Edmonton Middlesex
HOUSEHOLD MORGAN LOUISA F 1838 73 Edmonton Middlesex
HOUSEHOLD MORGAN WINIFRED F 1896 15 Edmonton Middlesex

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Sep 2009 14:53

Dutch, just thinking outside the box aminute...I can't find a likely birth for 1903/4 on Ancestry. there are a number of deaths of children at 0 years though so it is possible the child died......

EDITED as further info added below

dutch

dutch Report 22 Sep 2009 15:02

Rose im not sure would have to work the dates out ,but when i mention it to my cousin she knew nothing about the baby and her mother was left to bring up 8 children when her hubby died due to beening gassed in the war,ill try and find some dates out

dutch

dutch Report 22 Sep 2009 15:16

Rose im not sure would have to work the dates out ,but when i mention it to my cousin she knew nothing about the baby and her mother was left to bring up 8 children when her hubby died due to beening gassed in the war,ill try and find some dates out but i dont think so,i have the death cert of Helen she died in 2nd july 1932 age 65 and it has the widow of the late Malcolm bonner Morgan,and her son Kenneth was present at her death,4 pembury road Westcliff-on -sea

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 22 Sep 2009 15:23

Having just looked at the military records Rose was referring to, that is Malcolm's parents with him and Kenneth in the 1911 census. On the records, Malcolm's next of kin is given as Andrew then that is scored out and "unofficial wife Mrs Morgan" (with Helen crossed out) entered.

So perhaps the baby didn't survive and they got back together again.

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Sep 2009 15:28

Rootgatherer, at the the time of Malcolm Bs death he was living at an address in Camberwell ( where the unofficial wife was ) have found this address on 1911 and looked , the lady who notified death of Malcolm B is there ... it appears to be a boarding house as there are music hall performers listed as visitors/ boarders.

dutch

dutch Report 22 Sep 2009 16:23

just thought Rose if my g,mother was living there as unoffical wife why was it that Jenny Bradley was with him when he died,the plot thickens LOL

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 22 Sep 2009 16:37

This is getting confusing . I didn't think from the military records that the "unofficial wife" was his ex-wife as Helen had been crossed out and the name there was Mrs Morgan. It looked to me that THAT Mrs Morgan had moved to the same address as Malcolm from an address in Great Yarmouth.

I haven't a clue where Jenny Bradley comes into all this.

I think I will back out now and leave it to Rose.

dutch

dutch Report 22 Sep 2009 18:03

I no what you mean it is confusing but as Rose will confirm and myself,the Army sent aletter to Helen his ex wife asking for address so they could sent her the plaque and scroll for her late husband gallentry,also she got the army pension,so i think we may be missing something here,and thank you for trying to help

dutch

dutch Report 23 Apr 2014 13:08

just puting this pit on as my hubby is very ill with his kidney roming Rose nows i have been sich and have brain damage ,but it says that Jenny bradley was anurse ,but i dont have my grandfathers will have his mums and dads my g,grandparents if you need any thing more i can look at all the things i have ,but i only have one photo of my grandfather Malcolm i have death certs if they help and thank you for any help