Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lydia Marsh nee Bunday

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Glenn

Glenn Report 18 Jul 2014 10:26

Lydia Marsh nee Bunday
C/o Glenn,update30/06/15

Gee

Gee Report 18 Jul 2014 10:30

Hi Glenn

Do you have birth details, year, place etc....

Glenn

Glenn Report 18 Jul 2014 10:37

Hi Gins,
I have very little info but possibly Portsmouth area,i think her mum was Lydia Marsh nee Bundy whose mum was Charlotte Bundy nee Durrell ,there may be variants on Bundy sir name,hope this helps and thankyou.

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 18 Jul 2014 10:43

Are you related?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 18 Jul 2014 10:45

Glenn, you need to give an idea of when roughly we are looking at - it doesn't matter how vague, a couple of decades is fine!
Jan

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 18 Jul 2014 10:46

have you found ( or looked for) any bmd records to back up your guesses?

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 18 Jul 2014 10:49

Why didn't you give some dates?

Marriages Jun 1887 (>99%)
Bunday Richard Portsea 2b 852 Scan available - click to view
Durrell Charlotte Elizabeth Portsea 2b 852

And the (apparently) correct spelling of the surname

You can't be related, or you'd have known

Marriages Mar 1911 (>99%)
Bunday Lydia Portsmouth 2b 712 Scan available - click to view
Marsh John Portsmouth 2b 712

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Jul 2014 10:52

Can you give us any clue as to roughly when she was born, please?

I can't see any birth of a Susan Marsh with mms Bundy/Bunday, in England/Wales/Ireland.
Nor can I see a marriage of a Lydia Bundy to anyone Marsh. [EDIT: but now I note the different spelling in the post above.]

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 18 Jul 2014 10:52

you've also missed a generation

Births Mar 1912 (>99%)
Marsh Lydia M Bunday Portsmouth 2b 994

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Jul 2014 10:59

Or maybe that's Susan, Ricochet? Officially named Lydia, but known as Susan?
We still have no idea of when Glenn thinks Susan might have been born.

If that's Susan's mother, then was Susan's birth illegitimate? Was she born in 1956?

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 18 Jul 2014 11:03

It's all guesswork, frankly

I didn't like to suggest illegitimacy as the lady is probably living

Glenn

Glenn Report 18 Jul 2014 11:03

Hi Team,sorry everything is so vague,and possibly not that helpfull,but having a quick look at my very sketchy notes its possible that her mum Lydia was a daughter of Charlotte Bundy whose mum was also Charlotte Bundy nee Durrell and Susan would be a relative of my family .Does this make sense.
P.s Charlotte was 13 in 1901 census

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Jul 2014 11:05

This would probably be the marriage of the Lydia whose birth Ricochet posted, but I can't see the birth of any Susan Birch with mms Marsh. Three children of the marriage, but no Susan.

Marriages Dec 1934 (>99%)
Marsh Lydia M Birch Portsmouth 2b 1210

[EDIT: In which case, if that's the right Lydia, the Susan Marsh born 1956 can't be that Lydia's child.]

Glenn

Glenn Report 18 Jul 2014 11:09

Your help as brought a little tear to my eyes so pleased for your help ,would be fantastic to find living relatives.

Glenn

Glenn Report 18 Jul 2014 11:15

I will come back later with more info but any further help would be so welcomed.
Yours in success,
Glenn

Flip

Flip Report 18 Jul 2014 11:48

So, you are going by the 1901 census for Charlotte (age 13) & her mother Charlotte - are you sure you are looking at the right family?

Lydia Charlotte A Bundy was born Q4/1887 registered Portsea. (Lydia on 1891 census) Her parents married in Q3/1887, registered Portsea - Richard Bunday and Charlotte Elizabeth Durrell.

Father is not with them in 1891 or 1901 - but mother states she was born Portsmouth in 1857 and is married.

Flip

Flip Report 18 Jul 2014 11:57

Mother Charlotte has been mistranscribed on Ancestry as age 22, but she is claiming to be 50, married 24 years has had 5 children 3 are still living. 2 of the children are still with her - Ethel & Mabel - so was it Lydia Charlotte or Evelyn/Evalina that has died.

Still no sign of her husband!

Added so it was Evalina Kate E who died in 1906.

How have you gone from Susan Marsh back to this family please??

Glenn

Glenn Report 18 Jul 2014 14:00

Hi Flip,just popped in quickly to see your info,yes this appears to be correct,Ethel is my dads mother,Mabel was killed in 1939
Richard, Charlotte`s husband, i am told drowned in London docks,but unsure. He was a mariner .

Will come back later.
Thankyou,
Glenn

Flip

Flip Report 18 Jul 2014 15:13

Not sure about this, as there is another Marsh/Bundy marriage in 1914 Sailsbury.

However, Lydia Bunday/John Marsh married 1911 and are on the 1911 census - married under 1 year no children declared.

They have 1 child Lydia M in 1912, who looks to have married in 1934 to Birch.

There are 2 possible children (but mmn Bundy) in 1914 John, and 1918 Ronald L in the Portsmouth area. Is it possible Susan is a child of one of the two sons? But this is getting quite remote from your grandmother Ethel!

I can't see anything in the British newspaper archives for Richard Bunday or his drowning - although it was only a quick look.

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 18 Jul 2014 21:23

Glenn

You aren't helping us to help you

you have given no proven facts relating to Susan. Everything you have posted about her alleged family is conjecture

As these appear to be your grandparents, I am at a loss to know why you gave the name as Bundy

Marriages Dec 1913 (>99%)
Bunday Ethel A Ford Portsmouth 2b 1052 Scan available - click to view
Ford George Bunday Portsmouth 2b 1052

Where is Susan supposed to fit in?
Where did you get her name from?