Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Roe Reynolds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dianne

Dianne Report 2 Dec 2014 21:33

Hi I'm looking for William Roe Reynolds born Morven (now Evandale) Tasmania
I have born about 1822 and that he married in 1856 Morven but cannot find his birth or parents. Any help greatly appreciated. Dianne

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Dec 2014 22:21

Registration of births, deaths and marriages commenced in 1839 in Tasmania, the first Australian colony to take over the function previously conducted by the Churches.

The Registry holds and can produce certificates for:

church records (burials, baptisms and marriages) from 1803 - 1839
birth, death and marriage registrations from 1839 to date

(the above from http://www.justice.tas.gov.au/bdm/family_history)

On that basis, you/we need to track down church baptism records

If available on line, have you tried the Tasmanian Pioneers Index? How about https://familysearch.org/

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 2 Dec 2014 22:27

Name: Reynolds, William Roe
Record Type: Marriages
Spouse: Saunders, Elizabeth
Date of marriage: 14 Jul 1856
Registration year: 1856

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Dec 2014 22:30

You *might* be able to access the baptisms on Pioneer Index from a link on this page

http://search.archives.tas.gov.au/default.aspx?detail=1&type=S&id=RGD32

It says you have to click through each page

EDIT - it's an alphabetical list. Find the R's and see what if anything is listed. There is a number next to the name which is presumably a reference to the image which you'd then have to have accessed.

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 2 Dec 2014 22:38

Is this your page?

http://www.chestnut-blue.com/Chestnut%20Blue-o/p432.htm

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Dec 2014 22:46

You can download a copy of the MC from here
http://goo.gl/TQEpw2

Unfortunately the cert doesn't name his father or other obvious birth family members.

Dianne

Dianne Report 3 Dec 2014 21:22

Thanks all this is the right person and I will keep digging away at looking for him. Have all his family thanks just have to find out where to go for his parents I'm sure someone out there has done this tree and will read my request or I will find what I need somewhere. Again thanks everyone Dianne

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 4 Dec 2014 09:15

William Reynolds 1822 Morven, Evandale ...
William Reynolds 1822 Morven,Tasmania, Aus...

Have you checked 'Search All Member Trees' (top right of page, under 'Search') above shared by two other Genes Members.

Chris :)

Dianne

Dianne Report 26 Dec 2014 10:40

Thanks again for your help have tried chestnut blue will have to try parish records
Thanks everyone Dianne

Gee

Gee Report 26 Dec 2014 15:41

Some of the info online has Elizabeth Saunders born in 1840. That can't be correct, not if this is one of her children

Australia Birth Index, 1788-1922

Name:William Row Reynolds

Birth Date:05 Aug 1850

Father's Name:
William R Reynolds

Mother's name:
Elizabeth Saunders

Birth Place:Tasmania

Registration Year:1858

Registration Place:Morven, Tasmania

Registration Number:1522

Gee

Gee Report 26 Dec 2014 15:43

I would take a guess that this is Elizabeth?

Australia Birth Index, 1788-1922

Name:Eliza Saunders

Birth Date:01 Dec 1826

Father's Name:
James Saunders

Mother's name:
Martha Saunders

Birth Place:Tasmania

Registration Year:1830

Registration Place:Hobart, Tasmania

Registration Number:3408

Dianne

Dianne Report 27 Dec 2014 23:44

Thanks Elizabeth b 1841 Evandale so this might be christening and birth could be 1840 she married age 16 to William Roe Reynolds and had William Row Reynolds in 1858
Will look at the other Elizabeth Saunders in Hobart always worth looking to check.
Thanks Di

Dianne

Dianne Report 25 Aug 2018 11:48

Hi everyone, Have more at long last about Willliam Reynolds NOT born Morven Tas but Somerset uk yes he was a convict. Traced him back to ship but to this date he hasn't died. He was born 1808 so as you can see loads of differnces. I think he might and say might have married in Longford to another lady before Elizabeth, then only death I can find is in Latrobe registered by step son. I haven't found all dates so that is my next job but does anyone think this is possible. Thanks all. Dianne