Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 26 Jul 2016 19:11

Hi all Guess this is my last hope. I never knew who my father was but hoping against all odds that someone may know of him. My mum was Janet Hyman of Harlesden in London. She was born 1939 and lived in Wendover Road. I'm hoping if any of her friends remember her .She gave birth to me in 1960 and I was told we lived in London in digs until I was about 1 year when we moved to the midlands to join my grandmother and father Albert and Lilian Hyman. ..previously of Wendover Road in Harlesden. Thank you Debbie

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Jul 2016 19:26

thinks its unlikely anyone will know of him if he isnt named on your birth cert

its more likely your mums family may know of any relationship ,but as they lived in the midlands and your mum was in Harlesden then again they may not have known. .unless she told them later

are there any relations still around who could have known family info

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Jul 2016 19:51

Debbie do you know the other people who have Janet in their trees ?( birth reg first quarter 1940 ).

malyon

malyon Report 26 Jul 2016 20:25

Debbie you were born in Northampton is that right could your father have lived there

Debbie

Debbie Report 27 Jul 2016 09:37

Thanks for all the input.Rambling rose - I have searched all family trees to no avail. Malyon thanks for your input, I was born in Northampton only because I was born premature and mum came to visit her parents here. Originally all my family came from London. I have no relatives to ask now , so Im trying to find if Mum had any school friends. Bit of long shot but she may have had a best friend at that time in London.

Pauline

Pauline Report 27 Jul 2016 10:25

Debbie, I assume your Mum is no longer with you. Have you looked through any paper work she may left? Old photos mayne .
I do wish you luck, but without a name , it will not be easy, and at age your Mum would be now, vary little chance of finding any one who new her.. Was your mother living in Harlesden at the time of your birth? Maybe search in that area, though of course, the area is much changed now

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jul 2016 11:15

Debbie, as your mum was just 20/1 when she had you, was she still at a college or did she have a job that you might be able to trace fellow workers who could have been friends?

If you know or can find out what school she went to, you could try and see if there is an FB page for it or google to see if there are any school archives.?

I can see that Lilian and Albert were at Wendover Rd on the 1939 register ( and Lilian was there with the Holland family on the 1911, I'm assuming you have all that info but if not I will post it?) .

Debbie

Debbie Report 27 Jul 2016 11:45

Thanks Rambling Rose. I did have all the details on Wendover road, and I have contacted the archives in Brent to see if any old yearbooks. Think FB may be my next option. Mum would have been 77 now so good chance there may be some old friends/workmates still around.