Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm stuck - can some kind person help please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 22 Nov 2006 11:47

Will post in a mo, help needed on info previously found but lost when changing to new PC! Please bear with me.

Donna

Donna Report 22 Nov 2006 11:52

Having spent most of my time doing my Scottish family tree, I've come back to my husband's side and am stuck, my brain can only function when researching north of the border. A few months ago I lost everything to do with the tree, other than what I have here on GR. I've been rebuiding what I knew but I am stuck with my husband's mother's side. Mother in law didn't know very much but in the past I did...somehow...find out that my husband's grandmother, Barbara Edith Myall was born circa 1925 in Kingston on Thames. I've got a note that her mother's maiden name was Debnam. I've looked on Ancestry but I think I must be looking in the wrong place as I can't get births after 1916/17. Can anyone help me find when her birth was registered and its reference? Also, if there is a way for checking on marriages between 1916 and 1925 for a male Myall marrying a female Debnam could somebody help please? Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any help received. Best wishes Donna

Irene

Irene Report 22 Nov 2006 11:57

The birth, marriage and death details are free to search on Ancestry at the moment. Irene

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2006 11:58

To find later births, you need to access the FULL records..........it seems that you are looking at the freebmd extracts.......... All are free........... Reg

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 22 Nov 2006 11:59

Her birth: Q2 ( Apr/May/Jun) Barbara E MYALL............MMN Debnam KINGSTON 2a 726 As regards the marriage it will mean you trawling through the FULL BMD index currently FREE and ONLINE at Ancestry

Irene

Irene Report 22 Nov 2006 12:00

The maiden name of her mother is Debnam and Barbara was registered Jun 1925 Kingston. Irene

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2006 12:00

this is the birth......... Myall Barbara E MMN Debnam Kingston 2a/726 AMJ 1925 Reg

June

June Report 22 Nov 2006 12:01

Barbara E Myall June 1925 Kingston Vol 2a Page 726 Mother Debnam June x

Donna

Donna Report 22 Nov 2006 12:25

Thank you all very very much. I've now seen the error of my ways, I did wonder why there were two listings for BMDs....doh! I'm off for my free trawl now. Thank you all again. Best wishes Donna UPDATE:- Marriage now found in 1922. HUGE thanks to all of you.

Janet

Janet Report 29 Jan 2015 18:03

Edith I Debnam, daughter of Wm and Clara Debnam..... Assuming you have all this now.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Jan 2015 18:06

hi Janet, you must have found this thread on some kind of search ... it's 8 years old! Donna did not have a lot of posts but may still have an active account here with a valid email address ...

if she is not checking her posts here for replies, she will not see this

if you click on her name and send a private message, she will get a notice by email, if her email account here is still valid

meanwhile, click on 'Find Ancestors' over on the left near the top and you will find several posts with helpful tips up at the top of the list :-)