Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Girls Catholic Orphanage in Islington?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 17 Jan 2009 00:02

Three of my relatives were placed in catholic orphanages in 1923 in Islington, or possibly Barnet. The youngest two went to one and the eldest to another. Has anyone come across any orphanages in this area? Many thanks, Cheryl

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 17 Jan 2009 02:37

Cheryl,
Sorry I can't help but wanted to see if anyone know's of orphanage in Barnet, Thank-you, jackie.

Patricia

Patricia Report 17 Jan 2009 16:44

This is probably totally not any use to you but Dr Barnadoes ran one in Barkingside near Ilford Essex in the 1960's. Could they have taken over your one? Would they know anything about other orphanages in the London area?

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jan 2015 12:57

I was looking for orphanages in Islington in 1914. I came across this.
http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Islington/