Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Salop street Dudley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarysRoots

MarysRoots Report 23 Nov 2011 16:46

Hello,

Along shot I know but anyone know where I may be able to buy pics from 1860's of salop street Dudley I have a ancestor who lived at no 93 and would love to know what the houses where like back then
Mary

Adeline

Adeline Report 23 Nov 2011 18:15

Have a look on google maps. You can get Street View of Salop Street, though it looks as if quite a bit of it may have been redeveloped.

MarysRoots

MarysRoots Report 23 Nov 2011 18:30

Thank you I have looked on Google maps and have took a ride down Salop street but it's been developed a lot over the years and the old houses i'm interested in no longer exsist but I hoped someone out there may have some old pics from 1860', 1900's

Mary

Flick

Flick Report 23 Nov 2011 18:41

Try the nearest museum.....................

.........or a local history group

Andrew

Andrew Report 23 Nov 2011 18:46

Maybe the Black Country Museum?

Andy

MarysRoots

MarysRoots Report 23 Nov 2011 19:48

nudge

Grizwald

Grizwald Report 23 Nov 2011 20:19

Hi IreneMary,
I may be wrong but Ithink they were2 up 2 down terresed houses ,Iused to go to the zoo inDudley back in thelate 50's.there was a lot of new house's goin up then.Try Dudley library.
grizwald

MarysRoots

MarysRoots Report 23 Nov 2011 20:32

Thanks grizwald will do
Mary

Susan

Susan Report 27 Mar 2014 18:23

I may have a photo. of 99 Salop Street taken in the 1960s. This was where my Cole g.grandfather lived. Are you still searching for a photo?

Sue.

greyghost

greyghost Report 27 Mar 2014 19:54

Sue - MarysRoots post is from quite some time ago, so she might not be checking up on it now. Try clicking on her name and sending her a personal message. If she still has the same email address that she registered with GR, then they will forward your message to her.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Mar 2014 09:21

The search was actually for the 1860's..........but get in touch, anyway. You may find you have connections

The poster may by now have taken the advice about trying a museum............although she didn't acknowledge the helpful suggestions