Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hospital info

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 28 Jan 2014 16:29

My granddad had an accident when he was a young man and had a kidney removed. I think that was carried out in the Poplar hospital, London. This hospital is now social housing. Any idea where the records of patients would now be kept. Granddad accisent was in about 1910 ish.

Kay

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Jan 2014 17:32

Kay, it's almost certain that the records were destroyed long ago, as is normal practice. You might inquire at the nearest archives centre, usually the main library for the area - they won't have them but are most likely to know where they would be, should they still exist.
Jan x

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 28 Jan 2014 19:34

Kay...There are some records for the Poplar Hospital (Dockers Hospital) held at The Royal London Hospital Archives and Museum but do not relate to other than Admin/Deeds/Survey's etc.
It appears nothing else has survived but it may be worth contacting the above to see if they can help...

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 29 Jan 2014 09:17

Many thanks for that info Jan and Eringobragh, I suppose it is worth a try.

Kathlyn

Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Report 3 Mar 2014 22:20

Depending on what sort of accident it was, it may have been written up in the local wrag. Ask the local library or archives and they may even have a look for you if you can give them the date.

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 4 Mar 2014 18:45

I think the records availablen on this site may be a bit early for your grandad, unfortunately, however it is a website worth bookmarking, since we are on the subject of children and hospitals...

http://www.hharp.org/