Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Electoral Records for 2013 for Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GinaS

GinaS Report 3 Apr 2014 22:23

Hi,
Are these records on Line?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 3 Apr 2014 22:30

Yes 192.com and i believe GR also have them, use the search facilty, hover your mouse over search top left and select Electoral rolls

Roy

GinaS

GinaS Report 3 Apr 2014 23:04

Many Thanks Porkie Pie - no joy on Genesreunited , will try 192.com

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Apr 2014 23:28

Since 2002 the electorate have been able to opt out of their names being listed on the commercial ER. These are the ones sold to 192, GR and other commercial operations.

It's always possible that the people you are looking for have done that.
If you can find them at an address in 2002, check the online phone book to see if they are still there.

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/index.publisha

Is it likely that they owned their home? If so, check to see if it has been sold via an Estate Agents on http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Apr 2014 08:51

The records are the same on every site..............

...............many people elect not to be included in the public version of ER's...........

GinaS

GinaS Report 4 Apr 2014 10:20

Many thanks Detective and Reggie,
I do not know if they own their own house, no sign of them having a phone in 2002, I do have an address for an Ann Baguley she was the informant on her fathers death certificate, way back in 1989. So will write to that address and hope!!

Many thanks once again,

Gina S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Apr 2014 11:30

Check for a phone number and address on
http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/index.publisha

Unless she is a close relative who know about you, its always better to write rather then phone. Who knows what her state of health is?

You could contact Liverpool record office and ask for a historical ER look up, and ask them trace her through at that address to see if/when she moved. The ER books can only be searched by address. Might she have married since 1989??? Or died??

GinaS

GinaS Report 4 Apr 2014 11:52

I have checked on Ancestry and there is no sign of a death up to 2006, I have drafted a letter, so will send a letter to the address I have, and keep fingers crossed.
I have given quite a detailed tree showing her my connection, just trust she will not take it as a 'scam'.
Many thanks Detective,
Gina S

GinaS

GinaS Report 4 Apr 2014 12:49

Hi Detective,
I wrote to the Liverpool archives and they very kindly confirmed that from the Electoral Records, she is still a resident at the address given on her fathers death certificate. So my letter will be winging its way to her today.
Thanks for the information,
Regards, GinaS