Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what do you think about this school

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 4 Apr 2014 09:43

My grandson who is 71/2 years old has learning promblem they are not to bad his mother has been waiting 4 week foe IEP for him. Yesterday he tryed to go home from school this was about 9 15 as it happpen another child was late and his mum know my grandson and took him back in to school, as it happen his mum was still in school with the head. Hi little brother is at the same school and he has skin condition from jan to today he has had 4 1/2 week of school the hospital and his gp have given her a letter to say he is ok to be in school. He needs crean putting on th arm they have not done this ,but they said they were ok to do it. He back in hospital today becue they did not put his cream on. they said they forgot to do this. Do we wont to much from the school

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Apr 2014 11:43

Not a good situation for you or the school to find themselves in!

You have 2 incidents going on here.

Did the eldest leave from the classroom or was he unsupervised somewhere else? As his mother was still on the premises, at least it isn't something that can be covered up. The Head should be revising their security policies. Many schools have invested in alarmed doors, but it does probably depend on the layout of the school. So many still have port-a-cabins which the child has to leave to go to the loo.

Not many schools will agree to apply creams etc. If the youngest one's did agree, then there is obviously a breakdown in communication with the TA, class teacher or first aider.

It might be worth your daughter send written accounts of both incidents to the Head, copying in the Chair of the Board of Governors.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 4 Apr 2014 13:08

With regards to the cream. They may have said informally that they are happy to do this. But I do not think they are actually allowed to do so.

My s-i-l and her daughter both work in the same nursery and they have children there who need similar help, but they are not allowed to put cream on.

Before letting the situation get out of hand, it may be worth while contacting the head for a meeting to clarify exactly what they can or cannot do and then get that in writing.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 6 Apr 2014 17:08

Teaching staff are not contractually obliged to administer medication, but in some cases, support staff who are suitably trained may be prepared to volunteer.

As suggested, a meeting needs to be arranged to see if support is forthcoming and if it is, the extent to which it is to be provided will need to be agreed and set out in writing.