Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry scam or not

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maurice

Maurice Report 11 Sep 2014 13:27

Has anyone ever had this message appear at the top of there page when on ancestry.

Error. There appears to be a problem with your email address. Click here to verify your email address.

Needless to say i have not clicked on the message, i have emailed ancestry but as yet have recieved no reply.

Regards
Maurice.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Sep 2014 14:32

Not had that one !

Maurice

Maurice Report 11 Sep 2014 14:54

Thank you for your reply Shirley, i will just ignore it, allthoiugh i am surprised ancestry have yet to respond to my email if it is a scam.

Cheers
Maurice.

Jean B

Jean B Report 11 Sep 2014 16:35

I received a similar message from Ancestry when they couldn't reach me by email. When I clicked on the email address which they were using, it was a previous one, although I had informed them of the change to my current email address. They were just out of date. Nothing sinister on this occasion, but you have to be alert.

Cheers,
Jean

Maurice

Maurice Report 11 Sep 2014 19:39

Thank you for your reply Jean, i can rest easy then.

Cheers

Maurice.

Kense

Kense Report 11 Sep 2014 19:55

You should be able to check the email address they are using by clicking on Account (and confirming your password).

Maurice

Maurice Report 12 Sep 2014 12:01

Thank you for your reply kenSE, i had recently changed my email address which shows up in my account. However a message said it was unable to contact me through the new address, no idea why as other mail is coming and being sent with my new address.

/i have now reverted back to my old address for ancestry use. Will see what happens.
The error message has now disappeared after confirming my email address through my ancestry account.
Thank you all that replied.

Cheers
Maurice.