Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing information fom Ancestry cropping image

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 27 Sep 2014 15:40

A long time ago when printing you could crop the image to avoid using masses of unnecessary black ink, but I don't seem to be able to do now has anyone found the same problem and a suggestion on how to avoid this problem.

I really liked it when you could change the image as you wanted.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 Sep 2014 15:48

have you asked Ancestry?

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 27 Sep 2014 16:12

Hi Jacqueline Actually no I was hoping someone hear would be able to help me, I did look at the community board but the last comment on printing was several months ago I think I will do that, thanks for your suggestion.

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 27 Sep 2014 17:10

have contacted Ancestry as I cannot find any of the topics that are applicable and wait to see.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 Sep 2014 20:55

There was a discussion about this problem a couple of years ago here:-

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=628439.0

Not sure if it will help now or not.

Kath. x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Sep 2014 11:41

The suggestions on the Rootschat link still seem relevant.

Save the image to your computer, then open in what ever photo viewing program you use.
Use the program to crop to your specifications.

I do that a lot with PR baptisms or marriage entries.

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 28 Sep 2014 12:23

Thanks for those suggestions why when they had a good way of changing the image they had to change it. Sometimes I think they have nothing better to do.

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 29 Sep 2014 07:43

Just had a reply from Ancestry and they say they do not have a facility for cropping - I liked the old method.