Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

After 1911 census.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

valerie

valerie Report 2 Oct 2014 23:48

Hi folks,I am trying to trace my relatives addresses between 1911 and 1949.Any advice welcome.Thankyou in anticipation.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Oct 2014 00:01

Hi Valerie.
You are mainly reliant on the info contained in birth, marriage and death certs, which you would have to purchase, as the majority of electoral registers are searchable by address only, not name.
There are exceptions where you can search by name, London being the main one, Birmingham another - there may be other areas too, but I do not know of any.
Jan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Oct 2014 17:41

There were no electoral rolls taken during WW2 so that rules out about 6 year gap

patchem

patchem Report 3 Oct 2014 21:34

Do you know where they were in both 1911 and 1949 - so you are trying to fill in 38 years?
Also, how many relatives are you investigating, and what are their ages at start and finish?
Did they stay in the same country?

Thank-you

valerie

valerie Report 23 Oct 2014 00:55

Thankyou everyone

patchem

patchem Report 23 Oct 2014 07:09

Valerie,

I think that I was hoping that you would return and answer some of the questions and give us some names.

That way, we could actually try and find out what had happened in between, and possibly fill in a few blanks.

If it was just advice, I hope anything mentioned helped, but it is easier with a few facts.

A lot of people have looked at your posting, but not added anything on here, so quite a few people are interested in assisting.