Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why did I bother?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 23 Oct 2014 13:54

I have made contact with someone from another planet.

We share a common relative and I gave her some definitive info on the marriage and subsequent children.
Also that the eldest son joined up for active service in 1916, was discharged in 1919 and married in 1921.
I didn't provide any further info as this man has one child who is still living.

The contact duly updated her tree and then decided to add a 1916 death to this son.
I reminded her that he married in 1921 and explained that the deceased soldier bore no resemblance to any child in this family.
( nothing in his profile matched other than the last name)

Contact removed the bizarre info and then REPLACED it with a 1916 death for another, completely random soldier.??

I've given up now!

Maddie

Maddie Report 23 Oct 2014 14:57

well its their loss if they can't listen and check for themselves :-(

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 23 Oct 2014 15:15

I agree Maddie,
I looked at her tree again today and can see that she has added the correct death date for our common relative.
However, she has also found/added new children
They were born to the mother well after her 1909 death and I know that the father did not remarry????