Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A favour, please.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Oct 2014 10:22

.........from someone with a sub to Ancestry.

I have FMP, which doesn't, as far as I am able to determine, offer the facility to add a note about a record unless one is submitting a correction of an erroneous transcription.

I have found an error on an image, and a note about it may help others.

1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
47, Williams Road, Burnley, Lancashire, England

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
Moses Duerden Head Married Male 46 1855 Cotton Tape Labourer Colne, Lancashire, England Transcription
Ellen Duerden Wife Married Female 47 1854 - Burnley, Lancashire, England Transcription
Nathaniel Duerden Son Single Male 16 1885 Cotton Twister Burnley, Lancashire, England Transcription
James Duerden Son Single Male 14 1887 Reacher In (Cotton Mill) Burnley, Lancashire, England Transcription

***********Joseph Duerden Father-In-Law Widower Male 78 1823 Mechanic (Screw Maker) Burnley, Lancashire, England Transcription
*********** on the image the surname has been dittoed by the enumerator, but the man's surname was actually TATE

If a note to that effect could be added on Ancestry, I would be much obliged

Gee

Gee Report 26 Oct 2014 10:44

Hi

I'll add a note to the record for you

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Oct 2014 10:46

Thank you Gins....

Gee

Gee Report 26 Oct 2014 10:54

You're welcome. Do you want me to add a correction to the marriage?

Lancashire, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1936
about Moses Dresden

Name:Moses Dresden <<<<spelling error

Birth Year:abt 1855

Event Type:Marriage

Event Date:28 Feb 1892

Parish:Burnley, St Andrew, Lancashire, England

Spouse:Ellen Clark

Spouse Age:34

Father:
Aaron Dresden

Spouse Father:
Joseph Tate

Register Type:Parish Register

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Oct 2014 11:41

That would be really helpful, Gins. Thank you for your kind thought

I wonder why they got it so wrong, as it's been transcribed correctly on LancsOPC site

Gee

Gee Report 26 Oct 2014 16:29

I've added a correction

To be honest, the transcriber that got it right for FMP must have fantastic eye sight

I would never have got it right!

Edit: I've added another correction on his marriage to Martha Wroe, he's listed as Mores Duerden!