Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot Matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hugh

Hugh Report 29 Oct 2014 13:20

According to my screen, GR has not searched for Hot Matches since 5th September. I thought this facility was one of the main attractions of this site!

Is this slowly going down the tubes, what with this and the ongoing disappearing data? Nothing has improved since the announcement of a software rewrite and the survey asking members what they wanted.

I'm now 6 months into my subscription and still not getting the benefit of a working system - I've not had a single contact for months despite a sizeable tree.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 29 Oct 2014 13:29

Tell GR

BUT......'hot' matches are a joke, frankly

And you won't get contacted unless someone researching the same people is a GR member.

Have you done anything yourself about trying to find links with other members on here?

Joseph

Joseph Report 29 Oct 2014 14:47

My last September 10.

Hugh

Hugh Report 29 Oct 2014 15:27

I have complained repeatedly to GR. I have also contacted over 100 people with possible matches in previous years - the only 2 genuine matches were with close relatives who live nearby.

I have found numerous people through Ancestry who are researching the same families as myself and several have made reference to using GR, but I suspect they are not seeing a lot of my events on here as the data keeps disappearing, particularly marriages, and hence do not contact me.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 29 Oct 2014 15:35

QED

Hugh

Hugh Report 29 Oct 2014 15:39

Quod Erat Demonstrandum, Jacqueline, don't quite get your point?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Oct 2014 20:26

Hot Matches anyway only searched the first 100 names ................ and if no additions had been made since the previous Hot Match, then you wouldn't get any.

Be careful what you wish for ................

I got one of those Family Trumps the other week ..............................

My relation
Mary Smith

Y.O.B 1779
Place of Birth: Launton, Oxfordshire
No. of Children: 4

Possible match
Elizabeth Powell

Y.O.B 1685
Place of Birth: Towcester, Northamptonshire, England
No. of Children: Find out more

:-S :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S

I'm still trying to work out the connection :-D