Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gedcom Export Problems

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eva

Eva Report 6 Nov 2014 20:37

Hi I have tried to export my tree file a few times and it will export but it's leaving out half the entries on it. I only have i think 124 people on it so it's not massive. Even if I try to print it only shows about 10 entries and exporting shows about 30? Any thoughts?? Many thanks Eva

Inky1

Inky1 Report 6 Nov 2014 22:20

Do you mean that you are attempting to print from an exported gedcom file?

If so, what program are you using to do that?

Eva

Eva Report 6 Nov 2014 22:45

Hi - A couple of days ago I just printed straight from the print option and it brought up my full tree onto 4 pages of A4 which I just taped together. Now I can't even do that. I can still see the full so it's all still there but not when i select the print option. I then tried exporting it as a gedcom file and uploading to ancestry but i'm only seeing the minimal amount. Not sure what's gone wrong?? Any help appreciated! Thanks, Eva

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 6 Nov 2014 23:09

I had problems exporting gedcoms recently.
I asked the help desk and was advised to try another browser.
I had already tried using Internet Explorer and Safari

I finally got it to work with Google Chrome!

Eva

Eva Report 10 Nov 2014 16:21

Hi - will try download safari see if that works, thank you!

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 10 Nov 2014 17:16

Eva,
I couldn't export a gedcom using Safari or IE

Google Chrome was the answer to my issue.