Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANN-MARIE BOWMAN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

silvery81

silvery81 Report 28 Nov 2014 19:48

Your message about Goldspinks went to a lapsed account of mine and I cannot answer it or contact you about the family from that account.

If you see this will you contact me on this new account. Would really like to exchange info Silvery33.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Nov 2014 20:20

Would doubt Ann-Marie will pick this up

Try Search trees with some Goldspinks name to see if her name comes up as a tree owner . you can then make contact .

If you have changed email address update this on your account details then you wont mis out on any new enquiry :-)

silvery81

silvery81 Report 28 Nov 2014 22:15

Thank you Shirley - I hadn't thought to try that I have a new account with different e-mail and Customer Help says I can't answer messages to the old, lapsed one

silvery81

silvery81 Report 28 Nov 2014 22:38

Success Shirley! Have found her and sent a message - bless you!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Nov 2014 03:51

that's interesting ..............

I thought a "lapsed" account translated into a FREE account ................ and that free members could reply to a pm sent to them by a paying member, even though a free member can not initiate a message to anyone.

silvery81

silvery81 Report 29 Nov 2014 14:14

Thank you Sylvia

I checked with GR and the only way I can reply to a message in a lapsed account is to take out a subscription.

Thelma

Thelma Report 29 Nov 2014 15:54

You need to take advice from members not GR.
Sylvia is 100% correct.
I have just sent a message to my husbands free account and he has replied.
Suggest you log into your "lapsed" account and view messages.