Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

gedcom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 30 Nov 2014 17:25

Please could somebody help me.... A friend who has his tree on ANCESTRY has uploaded his tree to gedcom to genesreunited for me to see. How do i find it? Many thanks. Malc.

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Nov 2014 18:12

Your friend has to open his tree to you Malcolm, if you search trees for a name that you know will be on the tree you can then send him a message asking him to open his tree to you, he just has to click on 'allow' . ( or you could do it vice versa)

Andrew

Andrew Report 30 Nov 2014 18:57

He could also 'invite' you to see his tree on Ancestry by sending a link to your email.

Andy

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 2 Dec 2014 11:23

Thank's for your replys I can see his tree on Ancestry, But, he said that i can find it on "http//tree.genesreunited.com au/3.4.2. " But no luck, cann't find it. What am i doing wrong? Malc

Kense

Kense Report 2 Dec 2014 11:57

Go to Family Tree
Then to My Tree
The dashboard should then be displayed.
Select Trees shared with me
You should then get a list of all the shared trees to which you have access.

If it is not there then you have to send him a message asking him to open his tree.