Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Information in reply to a message

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 12 Dec 2014 19:21

I have been asked by a contact to open my tree but am reluctant to do so as I have a lot of information of no relevance to him.

i see you can attach a file not sure what they mean, is it a part GEDCOM - can you do this, or a print out from my tree on here or my soft ware on my computer.

Thahks.

Kense

Kense Report 12 Dec 2014 19:35

I assume you are referring to Genes messages. You can attach a gedcom but the only gedcom you can download from Genes is your full tree.

If you have tree software that can split off part of your tree, then you could use that to produce a limited gedcom.

Kense

Kense Report 12 Dec 2014 19:37

You can send word or excel documents or pdfs or jpegs, but you would have to manually prepare those. That would be a bit of an effort but depends on how much you want to send.

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 12 Dec 2014 19:43

Gosh what quick answers think I will print the information and send it as a PDF.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Dec 2014 07:28

I offer to send them a genealogy print for the people they are connected too from my FTM programme . I have more on that anyway as have given up on the genes tree