Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Recent Birth Certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 16 Dec 2014 20:44

My sister is getting married in February and her fiancé has to get hold of a copy of his birth certificate as the original was lost. We are in Scotland and he was born in England. How would he go about this?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Dec 2014 20:57

Look up the GRO ref on one of the sites and order it from the GRO

He will have to have all, his info as certs under 50 years of age are restricted due to possible identity theft

It may be better to phone the GRO when he has the ref and explain who he us and why he needs a copy of his cert.

If you need any help finding the gro ref then PM me with his info and I will do a look up and PM you back

Tawny

Tawny Report 16 Dec 2014 21:08

Thank you will let him know.

Tawny

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Dec 2014 22:14

As he knows his own date of birth and his parents names, he ought to be able to order it online @ £9.25. Bearing in mind the Christmas/New Year holidays and the impending wedding, he might wish to choose the Express Delivery c£20 or there abouts.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

If there are any problems, then the contact details are on this link
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/contact_us.asp

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 17 Dec 2014 10:08

I find it surprising that the Scottish authorities couldn't tell the young man how to get a copy of the cert

Tawny

Tawny Report 17 Dec 2014 21:08

They probably could but I had an upset sister on the phone and said I would try to help.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Dec 2014 21:16

do you want a look up??

am willing to do so and PM you with the GRO Ref

Tawny

Tawny Report 18 Dec 2014 19:42

Thank you for the offer Shirley. I have the GRO Ref now.

Tawny