Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FTM

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 16 Jan 2015 12:51

Can anyone using FTM advise

I have attached a child to the wrong father-that is the child was born before the marriage to an unknown father--is it possible to "extricate" her and show her with "unknown spouse or do I have to delete and reenter her ? :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Jan 2015 12:55

Not sure which version you are using but on FTM 2006 you can delete her and then create another spouse for her mum calling him unknown then attach the child to the mum and unknown spouse

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 16 Jan 2015 13:06

I am using the 2014 version-but if I delete her I will lose all the people attached to her which I was trying to avoid :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Jan 2015 13:55

ok didnt realise you had gone on from her .

i think if you detach her then you detach ALL the info for her

It may be better to add a note in her record that the hubby wasnt her biological father

Kense

Kense Report 16 Jan 2015 14:45

You can use the detach function.

Look in the FTM Help Menu index under detach for details.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 16 Jan 2015 16:26

Thank you for your replies

Have managed to do it without too much extra effort by deleting the husband then entering an "unknown spouse" and then re entering the husband :-)