Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PAF help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 23 Jan 2015 16:29

Can someone tell me what to do all my names seem to be out of order I would like them in alphabetical order starting at the top with surnames beginning with A please?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Jan 2015 16:49

Perhaps para 37 (or any of the other info) in this link below would help you?

I don't know anything about PAF personally, except that support has been discontinued.

http://lessons.tmason1.com/paf5-using.pdf

[You have to wait for a few seconds after clicking the link, before anything comes up - at least on my computer.]

Inky1

Inky1 Report 24 Jan 2015 19:59

I presume you are looking at the Individual tab?

Click the column header "Full Name"

Sidami

Sidami Report 25 Jan 2015 12:13

I have over 2000 names and the names are all muddled up I need them in alphabetical order please easier to find them...many thanks

BrianW

BrianW Report 26 Jan 2015 05:54

Are they in RIN order? (the numbers in the left column).
If so, I tink if you click on the "Name" heading it will sort alpha surname.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Jan 2015 10:20

Sidami -

Following what BrianW said, if you read para 37 of the link I posted above, you'll see that the names can be in either RIN or alphabetical order.
The diagram shows you clearly what to do to make it Alphabetical.

(Assuming that info is applicable to the version of PAF you're using.)

Sidami

Sidami Report 26 Jan 2015 12:01

Brilliant I got there in the end I just clicked the tab for full ham e and they all came down in alphabetical order many thanks for your help and patience .