Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR Annnounces Clock is wrong ......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Jan 2015 18:06

New announcement by GR ...............

-----
Genes Advisor 30 Jan 2015 17:28

Please be advised that we are aware of an issue with our clock that appears to be running in a timezone all of its' own at the moment !

We are looking into this and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.

------

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I have also posted this on General Chat and Find Ancestors :-)

mgnv

mgnv Report 30 Jan 2015 22:47

Hi, Sylvia - my daur got a degree from a local uni you're familiar with, then went to uni in Oz. Whilst she was out there, I went to Oz visiting her and driving round the country. I drove across the Nullarbor Plain - it's 1200m from Norseman WA to Ceduna SA, with nothing much in between, just a few gas stations (or roadhouses to the locals). SA is an hour & a half ahead of WA (2.5 hrs in their summer as WA doesn't do daylight saving). Now the central 200m of this 1200m stretch of the Eyre Hwy have their own unofficial time zone (Eucla time) - it's 45 min ahead of WA year round (it's mostly in WA) - it affects maybe 300 residents at the most (plus travellers)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 Jan 2015 00:24

Hi M .........................

we drove that same road back in 1975, when it was still all gravel ..........

I'd forgotten about that Eucla time until you mentioned it :-)

We rode the trains from Perth to Adelaide in 2006 and from Adelaide to Darwin ..................... just stayed on "train time" on each one

that made it interesting :-)

Hope your daughter enjoyed the uni here ..................... and Perth