Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Half price subscription offer to World FMP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 11 Apr 2015 05:21

Well worth doing if you are interested. £64.75 for a year instead of £129.50

Also put on General Chat board.

http://lostcousins.com/newsletters2/midapr15news.htm#FMP50

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2015 12:28

Thank you. With my Ancestry sub due next week, I might take this up instead

Thelma

Thelma Report 11 Apr 2015 12:48

I think FMP are struggling to complete with Ancestry hence the special offers.
I have both and rate Ancestry far above FMP.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2015 13:02

Ancestry are quoting £179.99 for WW. :-( :-|
There comes a point when you say, enough is enough.

Gee

Gee Report 11 Apr 2015 14:55

Det

You can barter with Ancestry.

After a little conversation about being a longstanding subscriber, I get WW for £150

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2015 15:16

I'll probably do that on Monday Gins. Last year, with a 25% discount for renewing at WDYTYA it cost £116.55 which worked out as £155 full price. The email says it has gone up this last year. If they won't oblige, I'll slot down a level.

jax

jax Report 11 Apr 2015 17:24

I got FMP UK for £50 for the year last August my sub didn't run out till October so they added the extra two months on

I did have WW ancestry but I really didn't need it so this year I bought FTM 2012 from eBay for £25 which came with 6 months premium sub Shall get another when this runs out

So I have both subs for £100 a year

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 11 Apr 2015 17:47

I have a world sub to FMP. I pay $59.99 American per year which is equal to 41.12 British pounds. I wonder why? I joined in 2012 when they had a half price offer and they seemed to have continued it.

Actually I very rarely use FMP, I find it difficult to navigate. I much prefer Ancestry.

jax

jax Report 11 Apr 2015 18:01

I took that out with the US site Margee but didn't like it so didn't use it.... Unfortunately the UK site changed and was very similar but have got used to it now
12 Month World Subscription

Reference: SUW12

28 July 2012 28 July 2012 28 July 2013 Expired $59.40

This year's

12 Month Britain Subscription

Reference: SFF12

31 August 2014 27 October 2014 27 October 2015 Active £49.75

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Apr 2015 10:05

If you are on Facebook, take a look at their page before taking out subs. People are complaninhg all the time about tge awful search facilities mow offered by the newly jazzed up FMP.

I too had subs to both Ancestry and FMP. This was about the time of the big changes at FMP. They changed their search facility to the point of it being almost impossible to use. What was once the most user friendly site had became unwieldy and about as unuser friendly as you you find. I did not renew my subs!

Over the last year they have tweaked and adjusted the site, it still has problems, but personally they could make it free and I would never go back!!

jax

jax Report 12 Apr 2015 14:16

Yeah I've seen the whinging and moaning on there that I very rarely visit the page now.
I believe you gave up on the site after the first week or so DC so didn't really give it a chance.... Personally I don't have any problems with it and found loads of new stuff since the changes.... Had I thrown all my toys out of my pram when they first changed it, I would never have found my grandfathers army records which was the only reason I started this in the first place

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 12 Apr 2015 17:35

I didn't like the "new" FMP either but persevered and now I can find my way around it. I use their newspaper section a lot and have found lots of info on there that has helped me to move on in other directions. The half price offer is well worth it to me.