Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Thames, great site!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 May 2015 17:42

http://www.panoramaofthethames.com/

Well worth a look if you have relatives who lived or worked along the Thames...

Super photography accompanied by interesting info :-D

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 4 May 2015 20:48

RR

Thank you for this.
Absolutely fascinating and I can see myself getting 'lost' in the site for some time :-D

Chris

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 May 2015 21:06

I got lost too Chris, I found it only because I had just been following up a gt gt uncle on the electoral roll and found him in the '30s in 'Hopkin Morris homes of rest' in Chiswick and google brought up the images on the site. Fascinating indeed :-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 May 2015 12:16

OMG! Looks though the bankside site that was in the family 180 or so years later had the same purpose in 1829. Must try and find my maps as they haven't yet put on the modern version.

Now, if only it went as far as Greenwich and Woolwich.....

Edit: Oops - got a bit overexcited - I meant 80 years. I have a copy of a document where Gr Grandfather applied to the Thames Conservators for permission to repair the bank.