Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sarah goode son is anthony burbidge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jacqueline

jacqueline Report 21 Jun 2015 16:22

anthony married to christine living in warwick is the son of sarah elisabeth goode. Trying to find which area of warwick can anyone help?

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 21 Jun 2015 16:33

You haven't given any dates, but if between 1841 and 1911, then a census would be a good starting point.

If it is before 1841, then the Parish Register for the church where they got married would pinpoint the area.

If after 1911, then Electoral Rolls are your best bet.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jun 2015 16:40

You need to give more detail Jacqueline.

I can't find a birth of an Anthony Burbidge whose mother's name is Goode.

I also can't find a marriage of a Sarah E. Goode to a Mr. Burbidge.

Please give some dates.

Kath. x

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 21 Jun 2015 16:59

You're evidently talking about living people here. Married 1972?

greyghost

greyghost Report 21 Jun 2015 17:16

This rings a bell from very recently, but can't find a previous thread now.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jun 2015 17:19

Will send a pm with a possible address up to 2006 from the electoral register.

Kath. x

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 21 Jun 2015 17:20

I'm the same as you, greyghost, this was certainly ringing bells for me but I couldn't find previous thread. I put it down to another senior moment but now I'm wondering.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 21 Jun 2015 22:17

I have received a pm from Jacqueline with further details.

thank you for replying. Sarah goode was my fathers sister. They lost touch after being orphaned when age 11 & 14. Sarah had a son anthony burbidge(she was unmarried) in nottingham city hosputal in 1942. Their address Goldsmith street nottingham. Sarahs death from lung cancer in 1969was registered by anthony burbidge (son) in Brownhills area.

Jacqueline, so that all the helpers know what's going on, please reply by using the box at the bottom of the screen.

EDIT to remove DOB. I am getting confused with two Jacquelines!!

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 21 Jun 2015 22:19

The DOB should not be on here..............

And there is definitely another thread

greyghost

greyghost Report 21 Jun 2015 22:49

PM received from jacqueline/Antonia

hi thanks for commenting. I did post a couple of months ago and wonder if it was those posts you saw. If you think it was someone elde please would you let me know? Thanks Antonia Atkinson
---------------------------
Please reply on this thread jacqueline/antonia. You are obviously reading the replies, so just scroll to the bottom of the page and add your answer in the white box labelled "post" and then click the green box below labelled "submit". That way all helpers can see your comments.

If you are asking about the same person please resurrect the previous thread rather than start another one, so we don't waste effort repeating research already done. Just go to the left hand side of this page under the heading "Tools" Click on "My threads" and then all threads that you have either started or contributed to will be listed.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 21 Jun 2015 22:54

No need to get confused......... ;-) ;-) ;-)

I have an avatar, and I know my name is a proper noun ;-)

jacqueline

jacqueline Report 22 Jun 2015 08:34

Thanks to all who replied. Not very good with anything using a computer (too old!!!!!) my previous threads seem to have disappeared. Is this because my membership lapsed? I have them in my personal box but when i checked against the dates they were not on the boards. Sorry if i have upset anyone that was not my intention.

jacqueline

jacqueline Report 22 Jun 2015 09:49

All original posts were under Goode family around 26th March and i was looking for James Henry Goodes ancestors and his sister. If anyone knows of anyone else looking particularly his sister Saeah Elisabeth Goode and her son Anthony Burbidge, please let me know. Thank you

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 22 Jun 2015 09:54

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1350709

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1350703#

To find your own threads, simply look under TOOLS......and click on MY THREADS

Hope this helps you

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Jun 2015 10:16

Are you sure of his surname there is an electoral roll address for a burbRidge with a Christine in Warwick