Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is Genes reunited glitchy?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ANT66

ANT66 Report 28 Dec 2015 09:14

Hi,Having problems with entering details on relatives. I enter the details and save them to only find they don't enter or disappear after being entered. Had this problem yesterday and just started having it again about half hour ago. Over the last half hour been desperately trying to add details to just one ancestor. It's most frustrating to say the least .Is this site glitchy or is there a way around this?

I did have a tree on here years ago which got deleted, but never had any problems at all back then adding relatives.

Anybody got any ideas, Best wishes, Anthony.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Dec 2015 11:55

As it worked then didn't yesterday, it does sound as if its a glitch.

I've just added a make-believe rellie and that 'took'.

If you're still having problems, try emailing Support. Bearing in mind the Holidays, there may be considerable delay in getting a reply. Normally they hope to come back to you in 3 working days.

[email protected]

Joseph

Joseph Report 28 Dec 2015 13:05

After saving try refreshing by pressing "F5" key. May work??

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2015 10:27

I am new to the site and of course trying to save lots with my enthusiasm, and I have been getting a sorry error message quite often, I have emailed support to. no reply as yet, just glad it is not just me!
Perhaps it is just a case of so many users doing the same thing all at once, and hopefully it will calm down in the new year

ANT66

ANT66 Report 29 Dec 2015 12:45

Not sure quite what's happening.Sometimes hitting F5 to refresh the page helps a bit but still loosing a small amount of data I have entered now and again. Funny thing is sometimes when I come back onto site it's reappeared and at others it totally gone and I have to re-enter it.Also occasionally finding moving from the start page to access my full tree I get an Error message. I have much to do and as the tree grows I doubt if I will get time to go back over it to find if any vital data has gone astray again.
On a bright side the problem seems to be playing up less today then what it was yesterday.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Dec 2015 18:51

Welcome to the Boards, Heather

GR staffs its offices only from 8 to 4 or 4:30 pm Monday to Friday, never on weekends or holidays.

They usually take about 3 working days to respond to queries to their support.

Always use the email address, not the link from on here .........

[email protected]