Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Free Competition

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 1 Jan 2016 22:13

I see Genealogy Research Assistance are having another competition. Prizes are:-

First Prize: 6 months world subscription to Ancestry.com
Second Prize (there are two) 3 months world subscription to findmypast.co.uk

Third Prize: 1 year subscription to Newspapers.com
Fourth Prize: 1 year subscription to Fold3.com

Free to enter.
http://gra444.blogspot.co.uk/p/home.html

Genealogy Research Assistance Christmas Competition 2016: Home
gra444.blogspot.com

Linda

Linda Report 1 Jan 2016 22:14

Good luck everyone x

Inky1

Inky1 Report 3 Jan 2016 10:27

Forth prize. Fold3 is by Ancestry and of little use to most members of GR

Fold3 provides convenient access to US military records, including the stories, photos, and personal documents of the men and women who served.

Third prize. Typing Newspaper.com got me to Daring Fireball. This seems to be a site/blog by someone called John Gruber, and mainly about Mac hardware.

I encourage you to send me your comments regarding Daring Fireball. Unfortunately, I am at times a lousy correspondent — where by “at times” I mean “most of the time”. If I don’t respond to your email, or do so only after an inordinate amount of time has passed, please don’t take it personally.

The other prizes could be worth having......

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Jan 2016 12:58

Inky1 did you leave off the 's' of newspapers?

http://www.newspapers.com/

3,700 newspapers from the 1700s–2000s
Millions of additional pages added every month

https://www.fold3.com/documents/

Inky1

Inky1 Report 3 Jan 2016 15:41

RR,

I copied what was in the OP.

"Third Prize: 1 year subscription to Newspaper.com"

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Jan 2016 16:30

ahh yes so you did Inky, Linda must have mistyped it ( edit but surely it was obvious that it was incorrect? after all a prize in a genealogy comp really wouldn't be likely to be a blog...nor would newspaper.com make any sense as the name of a genealogy site, 'newspaper' singular? lol)

Always best to go straight to the link I find...and then one can see for oneself whether the prizes might be worthwhile :-)

I'm still unsure why you would assume Fold3 was of "little use"? It's been quite useful to those of us who have US relatives/ancestry or who like to help others with their searches :-)

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 3 Jan 2016 21:27

Ooo must take a look.
:-D

Linda

Linda Report 6 Jan 2016 21:50

Hello everyone there is still time to enter this great competition and perhaps be one of the winners
Closing date is the 13th