Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Copying newspaper reports

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 17 Jan 2016 19:17

Could anyone please tell me how I can copy newspaper reports without having to re-type it all out word for word. I have Windows 8 and will soon be downloading Windows 10.

Thank you

Chris

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2016 19:45

See if you've got 'Clip it' in your office suite.

If not, sometimes it allows you to highlight then copy to paste into a Word doc. It really does depend on the format of the image.

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 17 Jan 2016 19:49

Thanks DetEcTive.

Whenever I've tried to copy/paste it won't let me. I'll get hubby to check to see if I have 'Clip it', I wouldn't know how to find it.

Chris

Inky1

Inky1 Report 18 Jan 2016 09:44

Don't know about W8 as I went from W7 to W10.
In W10 go to All Apps. The Snipping Tool is found in the drop-down menu under Windows Accessories.

Maybe similar process in W8?

Edit/Add
As a stop-gap. If you have MS Office, open Word and set the page to Landscape, and narrowest Margins.
Then go to the article page. Press 'Ctrl' hold it down and press 'Print Screen'.
Go to the blank Word doc and press 'Ctrl' and 'V'.
The page image SHOULD appear. The data may be too small to be readable, but you can drag the image out larger.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 18 Jan 2016 12:22

We had W8 and it had a snipping tool. It works on newspaper articles where nothing else would (copy/paste etc).

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 18 Jan 2016 17:25

Thanks Inky 1 and Andysmum.

Hubby has W10 so I can use his with the instructions you've given me and I've done a search on my laptop which is W8 and found snipping tool.

Much appreciated

Chris