Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone identify

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 Jan 2016 16:49

I'm trying to find out what this is, it was left by my aunt and she never allowed anyone to touch it but never said what it was. I did find one online but it has been sold (America) and the shop didn't know anything about it. I have requested they contact the buyer to see if they can shed any light but not reply as yet.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/25328360

Any help is most welcome

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jan 2016 16:51

The link works fine Jacqueline :-) am searching but not seen anything like it before, hopefully someone will know what it is.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 Jan 2016 16:52

Yeah I've been on most of the afternoon and someone else found the one that's been sold but I can't seem to find another x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jan 2016 17:08

Wild suggestion - a Guild symbol from the City of London or any other major city?
The following has a 'contact us' link if its worth following through

http://gofs.co.uk/dynamicpage.aspx?id=84

Have you had yours looked at by a reputable auction house or antiques dealer?

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jan 2016 17:26

The only thing that springs to mind is 'Castor and Pollux' the twins, but I can't find anything that ties them in specifically,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castor_and_Pollux

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 Jan 2016 17:36

It's not in my possession but no I don't think anyone has taken it anywhere. Someone else thinks Romulus and Remus but there is no wolf!?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jan 2016 18:53

The Romulus and Remus went through my mind as well...except there was no wolf.

The coronet is the puzzle - if it were a Pilgrim's souvenir, there'd be a halo or similar.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 27 Jan 2016 19:06

The figure on the left seems to have longer hair so was wondering if it was a girl and a boy?

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 28 Jan 2016 01:45

I agree with Marie Celeste that one is male and the other is female.
Their physiques are slightly different especially their upper bodies

Adam and Eve perhaps ?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 28 Jan 2016 10:18

Thanks for all your suggestions, I've also been told it could be................It looks like it could be looks religious, the crown, in Christianity is used to represent Christ, the king of kings. The figures and the boat could represent the story of Jesus and Peter (I had to look this up I'm not religious) - when Jesus walked on water he told Peter to have faith and to get out of the boat (there was a storm) and come to him, which Peter did, the storm distracted Peter and made him doubt his faith in Christ, so he began to sink and Jesus saved him. As the saying goes 'you of little faith, why do you doubt' - this pendant could mean don't doubt and always have faith that Jesus/Christ is always with that person even through the toughest times. It looks unusual, possibly unique, it could have been especially made. On the other hand I could be completely wrong lol,

Her brother was called PETER, so I'd like to think that's the link

Thanks everyone - I think I'll leave it there x <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jan 2016 12:46

obviously a royal connection - could it be the princes in the tower - the ones who were murdered?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 28 Jan 2016 13:50

I have contacted an expert in Jewellery and waiting on a reply - will let you all know :-D