Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Guide needed please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lrain

Lrain Report 29 Jan 2016 14:58

I used to use genes reunited when I first started searching my family tree, I haven't used it for a while and it has changed. Please could someone explain where you put all the details as they only ask for name, dob, death. when you used to be able to put in baptism, marriage etc.

Thanks upfront.
:-)

greyghost

greyghost Report 29 Jan 2016 15:27

If you put in those barest details and Save that person will be highlighted on screen. Then click on Edit - and you will see the larger page you're thinking of.

OR when you have your Tree page on screen, look over to the right - you will see a couple of chevrons pointing to the left - click on those and it will open up the person in your tree that you are highlighting. When you've finished adding information, use the chevrons which are now pointing to the right to close down that person.

Clear as mud ? Hope you can follow that, much easier to do than explain.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 29 Jan 2016 15:27

Either click on Edit on the selected person or click on the quotation marks (top right hand corner of the screen)

In both cases a panel slides out from the right-hand side with all the usual boxes on. Don't forget to Save your work - right at the bottom of the screen.

Greyghost - SNAP!!

greyghost

greyghost Report 29 Jan 2016 15:33

I'll raise your quotation marks against my chevrons Andysmum !!

As long as Lrain gets the drift ..........

Lrain

Lrain Report 29 Jan 2016 16:59

Yes, thank you I just need practice. Thank you all. :-) :-)

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 29 Jan 2016 17:06

Greyghost, it took me a while to work out what to call them!! :-) :-) :-)