Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

KAREN LOUISE STRATHERN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fiona

Fiona Report 7 Apr 2016 07:24

Hello to all that read this.
I'm trying to track down my half sister, but only have a few things to go on.

She was born at Princess Mary Maternity Hospital on 6/8/1971. She was 12weeks old when she was given up for adoption, and believed to be Newcastle Adoption Agency that was used. The adoption case was heard at Durham County Court. Parents were told she'd be living within 30 mile radius of Newcastle but not sure how true that was.
Possibly only a surname change as a little (s) indicates on her birth record. No veto at present on the national register either. I know details of parents but wasn't to sure what I should and shouldn't post for all to see as new to this thread use.
Any help or advice would be very appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Apr 2016 10:18

The little s against her birth records indicates she was adopted and anyone applying for her birth cert would only get a short version of the cert which won't show parents details

She could apply for a full version if she knows her full birth details

At 12 weeks old she would most likely have a full name change . Unless her adopted parents decided otherwise and kept part of her birth name

Have you looked in members trees to see if anyone has her listed

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Apr 2016 10:24

The name sounds familiar. Hasn't this been looked at before ??

:-)

Fiona

Fiona Report 7 Apr 2016 10:33

yes have more details since last thread, so hoping this might help with my search.
Ive been told that only the surname was changed by new parents.
no Karen strathern on trees but theres a Karen louise on another persons tree. But probably a different person to who I'm looking for. Thank you for your comment
:-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 7 Apr 2016 10:36

Have you added your name to the Adoption Contact Register? Do this and if Karen ever decides to look for her birth family and does the same you may be helped to contact each other.

Kath. x

Fiona

Fiona Report 7 Apr 2016 10:49

Yes I have Kathleen. Thank you for your comment :-)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 7 Apr 2016 18:13

Looks like you deleted your other threads. That was a shame.

http://tinyurl.com/zd3c7fp

Rose

Fiona

Fiona Report 7 Apr 2016 19:00

I have more info now but just a waiting game now I am registered on Adoption Register :-)