Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

connecting relations on tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 15 Apr 2016 13:06

afternoon all

need help ( yes again ) !!

i have 2 sisters that married 2 brothers in my tree how can i connect the 2nd sister back to the mother ??

i already have the brothers and 1 sister with her parents but i want to also put the 2nd sister under the parents or can i not do that ??

hopefully you wonderful lot understand what i mean :-S

christine x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Apr 2016 17:52

Presumably you have the 2nd sister just as the wife of her husband, but not linked to any parents?

If you look at the slide-out panel for that sister, in "Immediate family" view, you'll see where it says "Relationships" - Add father (and) Add mother.

Click on "Add mother", then on "Find existing".
Start typing the mother's name, and then choose the right one from the list of matches which will appear.

Same thing for "Add father".

Christine

Christine Report 15 Apr 2016 23:11

thanks so much ArgyllGran <3 <3