Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cooper Genealogy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

linzee219

linzee219 Report 16 Apr 2016 01:39

Hi, I have been sent a small tree chart, 6 generations of the Cooper family,it's not my family but may be of use to someone.
It contains the names Cooper. Peach. Wathen. Butler. The earliest date is 1740
if anyone is interested I can email them a copy
Lindsay

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Apr 2016 10:11

If you have the time and inclination, you could use the featured names and 'search all members trees'. You could then send each owner a message & send it as an attachment.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Apr 2016 10:33

There is a thread on the Military Chat board at the moment. The thread is titled "Charles Cooper" and his wife was named Mary Maria Butler.

The poster is someone called Julia. Possible that the tree you have may be of interest to her.

Kath. x

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 16 Apr 2016 11:33

I have a Peach family in my tree - Burbage born 1838, and his children George b. 1864, Emily b. 1865. Willie b. 1866 and John b. 1870, mainly in Lincolnshire. Are these in your tree please Lindsay?

linzee219

linzee219 Report 17 Apr 2016 04:39

Hi, Have a William Peach 1740 m? (looks like he only had 1 daughter)

(? Grace) Margaret Peach married Sir Samuel Wathen
b:( 17**cannot read) d:1827 aged 79 ?Baronet
Knighted by George 3rd
they had son (Sir) Paul Wathen & 1 daughter Elizabeth (?Grace) Wathen
Afterwards changed his name to ? Lord Baghott she married Thomas Cooper
owner of a cloth factory & red cloth
looks like there could be a connection to the Earl of Shaftesbury
if you want me to send it just let me know what format you want
Good Luck

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 17 Apr 2016 09:49

Thanks Lindsay - doesn't sound like my lot at all, especially as they all seemed to be Ag. Labs with several generations of illegitimate children!

Sue