Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

adding 2nd marriage to tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fiona

Fiona Report 16 Apr 2016 12:22

I haven`t used Genes for a few years and it`s changed a lot. Can you tell me how to add a second marriage? or do I just put it on "extras"? I`ve tried filling in where it says "marriage" but then it just wants me to delete the first one.
I was hoping that by adding it to my tree it might throw up a "hot match"--I know they`re seldom successful but you never know.
thanks,

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Apr 2016 12:31

When you have the person open on your tree there should be three buttons under their name - add, edit and delete. Click on "add" and you get a choice of sibling, spouse or child. Click on "spouse" and add the details. Then don't forget to click on "save".

Hope that works. I haven't added anything to my tree for years.

Kath. x

Fiona

Fiona Report 16 Apr 2016 19:06

thank you Kathleen--I`ve got it to work all be it the marriages appear in the wrong order but as its there for a specific reason I won`t worry about that.
Fiona