Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brian William Thomas Bowden

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ayan

Ayan Report 17 Jun 2016 16:47

I'm looking for anyone who might be related to Brian William Thomas Bowden. He traveled to Somaliland in 1958 with his sibling Peter Bowden and also from what I believe to be his Wife Doris Irene Luker and their child Jane Lizabeth Bowden.

Anyone who has information please reply.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Jun 2016 16:56

Welcome to the boards.

If you use the "Search" facility at the top right of the screen and then click on "search all member trees", you can put in his name and year of birth and you will see that there is someone called "shakira" who has him in their tree. You can send a message to them direct.

Kath. x

Ayan

Ayan Report 17 Jun 2016 16:59

Thank you very much Kathleen. I've already done that, just waiting for a response. I was just hoping someone would see this and respond.

greyghost

greyghost Report 17 Jun 2016 17:02

Ayan - you should remove the exact DOB's - a year will do. It's against GR's T&C's and leaves the people involved open to ID fraud. You can remove them by going to your opening post and then click on Edit.

It's unlikely anyone who knows more will just happen by your post.

If you want actual help here on the boards tell us what you are looking for.

Ayan

Ayan Report 17 Jun 2016 17:30

Thanks for the advice greyghost. Well I'm actually looking for Brian's daughter Jane lizabeth Bowden who was born in 1954 so she could still be alive.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Jun 2016 17:34

Brian's wife traveled a few months after him. He travelled on 17th May 1958 and Doris traveled on 5th August 1958.

Kath. x

Ayan

Ayan Report 17 Jun 2016 17:39

Thanks Kathleen. I have all that information compiled. I've also found a Jane Lizabeth Bowden on here, I've messaged her so let's see if I get a response.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Jun 2016 17:43

It all depends on whether she is still actively involved in researching her family tree. Sometimes people have their tree on here and then do not use the site very much or lose interest.

It also depends on whether she has her current email address registered with Genes. If she has then she should be informed that she has a message from you. However if she has changed her email without updating her records on Genes then there is no way for Genes to get in touch with her.

Sometimes people wait months or even years before they get a reply - and others just never here anything.

Fingers crossed for you.

Kath. x

Ayan

Ayan Report 17 Jun 2016 17:47

Thanks Kathleen your a star.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Jun 2016 23:31

Keep an eye on your Sent messages

Go to Messages, top right

Click on Sent messages

If there is a green envelope to the left of the contact's name, the message has not been opened

If there is no envelope showing, then the message has been opened.

In that case, you wait and hope!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Jun 2016 04:33

More info. here:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1360545

Rose