Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gedcom Export

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steve

Steve Report 19 Jun 2016 12:28

Gedcom export does not appear to be working, any else having problems with this?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 Jun 2016 13:55

Welcome to the boards, Steve.

Try contacting:

[email protected]

and explain the problem to them. They usually reply fairly quickly.

Kense

Kense Report 19 Jun 2016 21:27

Someone did say they were having problems on this thread:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1277097

As I said on there, you must report it to [email protected] or nothing will get done.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 21 Jun 2016 16:28

I called out a ged last week but nothing arrived.
Sent an email to support yesterday morning and had a reply later on.
Ged arrived this afternoon.

Lynn

Lynn Report 12 Sep 2016 14:02

I contacted support end of last week but as yet not received an email with file attached - had email from support though "passed to technical team to look at and investigate". Here's hoping it wont take long....

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 Sep 2016 20:33

Lynn ........

I hate to be the one to tell you.

But that has been their response for around 2 years, if not more, without much improvement :-(

Lynn

Lynn Report 12 Sep 2016 21:17

Oh! what a nuisance - I was hoping to send the file to a tree printing company and get it on paper and then pass it to my grandaughter. Looks like that's not going to happen..... any time soon.......

Ken2

Ken2 Report 15 Sep 2016 11:19

Exported a Gedcom of my tree yesterday 14th Sept and got it by email within 20 minutes. I can't complain at that.

Lynn

Lynn Report 16 Sep 2016 19:23

I've had a reply from Support team, they are really helpful, they downloaded the Gedcom for me and I passed it to the company I'm using for the chart print. Unfortunately a big chunk of my tree has separated from the main tree, and now when I look at my tree on line I find there are quite a few people in a section missing. I'm waiting for Support to sort it for me. I'm hopeful to say the least, don't fancy having to enter it all again.