Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DOB on electoral registers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2016 18:03

Hi everyone.
This is quite an obscure query, but here goes.
I have a relative trying to locate someone on the electoral register. She has two possibilities, has obtained full addresses, but wants to be sure she has the right person before approaching them.
She has this person's DOB, and is under the impression that it is possible to see this on the register, if you have the right resources. She could therefore confirm/exclude them if she can see this.
She believes such info is available on disc?
I'm a bit doubtful, but who knows!
I tried googling, no luck.
Any advice much appreciated.
Jan

Gee

Gee Report 14 Jul 2016 18:39

Hi Jan

DOB is not on ERs. The best you will get is an approx. age range, say 65+ or some such

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2016 18:57

Thanks for replying Gins.
Well, that's what I thought. She knows it isn't shown on the usual online registers.
However, she is adamant that she used to be in touch with someone who had a CD showing DOB's, but has lost touch with her.
Personally I think she is mistaken, I can't see how this would be revealed, but I couldn't tell her this with 100% certainty!
Jan x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Jul 2016 19:29

Death certs from 1975,show the dob .as far as the informants knowledge

The 1939 register too shows dob,s but this is a faily recent online access

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Jul 2016 19:32

When you fill in the electoral roll for voting etc it doesn't ask for dob,s

Don't think it ever has either, and I have been filling the form in for over 50plus years

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Jul 2016 19:43

Even when adding newly qualified by age young adults to the ER, it only asks if they will be (a certain age) by a given date.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Jul 2016 20:21

Thanks both.
I shall report back!
Jan x

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 14 Jul 2016 21:58

Ours have two columns. One that you tick if you are over 18 and one for your DOB if you are 16 or 17 and might be able to vote before the next electoral roll is issued.

Angela

Angela Report 17 Jul 2016 16:21

Hi,
I went to Havering Archives, many moons ago, and looked up some people in the Electoral Registers... and I remember seeing some people having their D.O.B information next to their names. I can't remember what year the book was. It must have been about 1975 ish I must admit I haven't seen it in the newer books.