Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

St Mary the Virgin, Prittlewell, Southend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kense

Kense Report 8 Sep 2016 11:36

The SEAX site has recently added some registers for this parish. A subscription is needed to view them.
The baptisms go up to June 1968 and from about April 1937 include godparents.
Marriages go up to March 1957
Burials up to 1988, though not many of these.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Sep 2016 21:21

Baptisms to Jun 1968? Good grief!

They are highly likely to be still living; they'd only be about 48 years old. That's a lot younger than most posting members.

Kense

Kense Report 8 Sep 2016 23:09

Yes, I've found a couple of cousins there and several names I recognise from school.

Barking (St Margaret) has baptisms up to 1991 and they have been available for some time.

I have a subscription to the end of the month so I would be prepared to look up marriage details or check if a person was married in that church. PM me giving the name year and quarter (Rochford is the registration district).

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Sep 2016 23:21

Not personally, but thank you for the offer.

Its just that I was shocked that such recent 'begining of life' records were available. Suppose its because I'm so used to Medway Ark who have introduced a 100 year closure on many records, especially baptisms.

Kense

Kense Report 9 Sep 2016 09:24

Yes it is surprising. They have stated that 1957 is the cutoff date for marriages and there are no plans to change that date.