Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2nd tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 8 Sep 2016 23:17

Can anyone tell me how to start a second tree please? I cannot find any reference to it.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Sep 2016 00:02

Hi Alison, welcome to the boards.

I think you need to open a new free account with a different email address and then start another tree. I've only got one tree myself so haven't tried starting another.

Kath. x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Sep 2016 00:15

You cannot build more than one tree per account, hencw why they don't tell you how to do it.

The way to do it is to open another email account ...... use one of the free sites such as gmail or yahoo (if that still exists!)

Then join GR as a FREE member using that email account, with a different password from the one used on your first tree.

You can build the new tree on there, and reply to anyone who contacts you, but you cannot initiate contact with other members.

Use the paying account that you now have if you wish to make contact or to post again on these Boards.

You can have as many trees as you like so long as each one has a different email account and password.

and you can have as many gmail accounts as you like as long as each one has a different name and password.

Alison

Alison Report 28 Dec 2016 22:46

Hi, thank you for explaining all that to me and I apologise for the delay in responding. I have not had chance to have a search in quite a while.

Thank you again,
Best Wishes
Alison