Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot (or should that be 'cold') Matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chloe

Chloe Report 7 Oct 2016 00:42

I've seen the GR statement as to why there are no hot matches but this situation has now been on-going for several months. Also I haven't seen many stories, comments or announcements from GR for some time now either! Does anyone know what's going on - if anything? Is GR sinking?
Chloe B.

Jean

Jean Report 7 Oct 2016 11:21

I have noticed that too Chloe.
I have added quite a few ancestors in recent months and sent quite a few messages to members to find out if we have a match, but only 1 member out of about 25 messages has answered me.

Kense

Kense Report 7 Oct 2016 12:25

Duplicated Thread:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1362514

Chloe

Chloe Report 7 Oct 2016 15:51

Yes it is duplicated. I worked on the principle that people would not necessarily read both boards so, impatiently, I used both boards at the same time. This, 'Genealogy Chat', is probably the correct one but, interestingly, there was more response from the 'General Chat' board. Nevertheless thanks for the replies on both; they seem to have answered my query.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Oct 2016 20:36

Chloe ..........

The regular members mostly do ALL look at all boards!

and that is why we mark duplicated threads as such ............ otherwise we may (or even do) waste our time finding information that has already been found.

As to why more responses on General .......... I think many of us look on General first, then look on the other Boards.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Oct 2016 20:38

Interestingly ......

27 people looked at this thread, and you got 4 responses

63 looked at the General thread and you got 6 posts.

Gai

Gai Report 8 Oct 2016 04:19

HI Chloe,

I normally dont look at the General Chat Board so happy you've posted your thread here.

The last time I had a Hot Match was 2nd Jan 2016 and before this date was the 30th April 2015. In the beginning I only had a tree on here so used to get regular Hot Matches. Then I started using Ancestry a couple of years back and so would upload a Gedcom file to Genes and I immediately noticed a drop off of Hot matches.

I don't think Genes is as popular as it used to be and you only have to look at the last time they posted on their Facebook page to see evidence of this.

Gai :-)