Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Did Sweden or Latvia have a census?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RStar

RStar Report 24 Oct 2016 20:49

And can I view it online?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Oct 2016 21:39

You could follow the links through from here. Not having tried, they not be useful. You might need an Anglo-Swedish dictionary!
https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Sweden_Census

RStar

RStar Report 24 Oct 2016 21:43

Thankyou.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Oct 2016 21:48

Not having much luck with Latvia. Googling seems to suggest they did have a few, some coming under the category All Russia.
JewishGen advertise a number of records, but probably focused on members of the Jewish faith.

If this is linked to your mystery Swedish or was he Latvian ancestor, they may not be particularly useful, nor recent enough.

RStar

RStar Report 24 Oct 2016 23:24

Been sat for hours on Family search, yes its all linked to my old mystery, my Swedish/Latvian? grandad. :) Was looking for his mums death, but nothing. Not sure he was Jewish, nothing to suggest any religion at all from what I can remember but I'm guessing, have no help from family unfortunately. Thanks Detective.