Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Exporting my Tree from G.R.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Willow

Willow Report 13 Jan 2017 17:12

I have been trying for ages to export my Tree, 213 relatives so not huge, using GED and following instructions. No reply yet from help/support at GR. I have left the computer ticking away for three/four hours and I still have the information, PENDING in the activity box. My History have also given the same instructions - hoping to get it printed by them when eventually I get it exported.
Any advice very gratefully received !

Kense

Kense Report 13 Jan 2017 20:16

It happens from time to time that the export GEDCOM software stops working.
The only solution is to contact support to fix it. It normally doesn't take them long but as it is the weekend you may not get any action before Monday.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Jan 2017 20:19

Keep nagging them!

[email protected]

There have been a number of threads about this problem over the years -
eg -

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1360578

Willow

Willow Report 14 Jan 2017 11:35

Thank you for advice, Kense and ArgyllGran. I will contact GR Support on Monday.

Kense

Kense Report 14 Jan 2017 11:43

You ought to email them today as it is just possible that someone with the necessary knowledge may be working odd hours.
[email protected]