Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gale Family Newton Abbot District.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbara

Barbara Report 13 Jan 2017 22:25

Is anyone researching the family tree of the Gale family from Kingskerswell? I have just received a certificate for the death of Robert Gale, son of Henry Gale in August 1844 and it isn't the family I'm researching. So, I'm offering the cert to anyone who it would help.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Jan 2017 22:32

That's very kind of you, but its unlikely that anyone researching this family will stumble on this post.

There's a couple of things you could do, if you have the time and inclination -

Use the search all trees facility - top right under Search - to see if anyone has Robert Gale in their tree. You could then send them a message to see if they would like the certificate.

The other thing you could do is to find the entry on FreeBMD. Leave a 'post''em' giving the details. It might stop other people ordering the 'wrong' certificate.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Jan 2017 13:02

In addition to what DetEcTive advises, you could try this:

http://www.certificate-exchange.co.uk/

I don't know if many people search for documents there - only 7211 documents currently offered. But might be worth a try, just as an extra thing.