Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1921 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 24 Jan 2017 14:14

Where can I view 1939 and 1921 census? I've hit a brick wall with my search for family and viewing these would help fill in gaps

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 24 Jan 2017 14:53

Hi

The 1939 is I think on find my past

And the 1921 I don't think is out untill 2021

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Jan 2017 15:35

Welcome to the boards, Denise.

As Littlelegs says, the 1921 census won't be made public until (probably) 2021.

The 1939 Register isn't a census as such, though it gives us lots of useful information much as a census does. It's a register taken in 1939, at the outbreak of WW2, of every civilian in GB and NI, for admin purposes such as issuing ID, rationing, etc., and is searchable via FindMyPast

The 1939 Scottish National Identity Register is separate, and not searchable online, though you can buy a copy of an entry if you know the person's date of death - not terribly useful, unfortunately.

greyghost

greyghost Report 24 Jan 2017 17:29

Useful info re the 1939 register

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/1939-register/

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Jan 2017 08:06

If you want a look up for the 1939 register then post the names you are interested in and approx birth years too helps to narrow the search

The 1939 register is on FMP