Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding a person's name using an address?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 15 Mar 2017 01:50

What, if any, way is there to search for peoples' names who were residing at a particular address in the UK in the past 50 years? For example, I have the address of a couple from 1969 but I cannot make out their signatures clearly to know their names. I cannot view any paperwork in person as I don't live in the UK. Any suggestions? Even paid sites?
Thanks so much

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 Mar 2017 03:34

Sometimes main libraries near to the address do hold old copies of electoral lists.
These are searched by address, not name.

Maybe if you e mail staff with your request, they can tell you if they would be willing to do a lookup.
There may be a fee, but not always.

Amy

Amy Report 15 Mar 2017 04:26

Hmm, that's a good point. I considered looking old BT phone books but saw that BT Archives won't do research on behalf of someone so it wasn't an option. Might try the libraries. Thanks!